Feb 13, 2012

Pics. We haven't actually done anything super special, so it's gonna be just streets and donkeys. We will get to the pyramids and camels some day, promise!

I guess I took this one on the first night, it's the view from my balcony.


The donkey really hated us and turned his arse to face the camera just after this.


We went to this mall in Heliopolis, called the City Star. It's big and rather upscale. Clothes, restaurants, movie theatres and the lot.



So, technically we live in Heliopolis, in the El Nozha district. Downtown Cairo ( Wust el-Balad )  is quite far away, apparently with the traffic it's "very far". We've been told the public transportation is rubbish, so practically it's either a taxi or someone driving, if you want to get somewhere. The distances are long. We went to central Heliopolis yesterday, I wish I had taken some pictures there. The smog in the air is thicker than I've seen anywhere before.

Home street here. A friend of my roommate was really surprised to hear we went walking yesterday. Egyptians don't walk or take the stairs. Ever.


The other day, there was a bit of traffic on the way to the mall. It's really impossible to capture it on the camera, the way people drive around here. It's pretty insane. The complete disregard of traffic rules, the honking and the chaos, the pedestrians dashing amongst the cars. Love it.


Today it's sunny, so I took another picture from the balcony. I should get some chairs outside, looks like there's a good chance for sunburn today. Google tells me it's +21 degrees, not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment