Mar 11, 2012

Yes yes, I know I'm terribly lazy with this blog.

Pics from the surroundings of Al Azhar mosque. Took a walk around a market place where the locals do their shopping, I liked the narrow streets and the vibe of real life.












Fancy a cup of Turkish coffee?


They tell me this is the last place in Cairo where they make these hats in the traditional way.



They make authentic papyrus here. Not the cheap banana leave or sugar kane crap.


Seems legit.


 A shoemaker.



The Citadel, seen from the roof of whatshisname's mosque. Must've been mohamed something.



Inside the mosque.

Tomb of whoever's mosque it was. (Sorry, I'll really have to look it up.)


Later on, Al Azhar Mosque. It's the oldest one in Cairo.



Left from here is Khan el-Khalili. Since I'm not that much into aggressive, tourist rip off souvenir sellers, no pics or further stories from there.




No comments:

Post a Comment